French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1 jar of marinara sauce (or you can make your own)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- your choice of toppings
- Preheat oven to 400°f
- Cut the the loaf of bread lengthwise like a hotdog bun all the way through and place on a baking sheet.
- Spread an even layer of marinara sauce over each open side of the French bread, then sprinkle with your mozzarella cheese evenly.
- At this time you can add your own choice of toppings.
- Bake at 400°f for 10-13 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 – 28oz H-E-B canned whole tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- In a medium sauce pan, saute the garlic and carrots for a few minutes over medium heat then add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer on low for a couple hours or until carrots are soft.
- Use a stick blender or food processor to blend until smooth.
- Store unused sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator.