Green Bean Potato Casserole
- 5 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 qt of heavy cream
- RubOn Garlic Herb Salt
- H-E-B frozen cut green beans
- Baking potatoes thinly sliced (enough to layer on the bottom of baking dish)
- 8 oz shredded white cheese (I used Kraft Smokey Bacon Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400°f and lightly spray an 8 or 9 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Saute mushrooms in 1tbs of butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the remaining butter and 1/2 cup of flour to create a roux, continue stirring.
- Slowly add the cream while whisking to incorporate it into the roux, and bring to a simmer over medium heat until thick.
- Add RubOn Garlic Herb Salt to taste
- Defrost frozen green beans in water, then drain.
- In casserole dish, layer sliced potatoes, green beans and sauce, and top with the cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake at 400°f for 45 minutes, uncover for the last 15 minutes.